Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Math Fact Showdown

Tomorrow we begin our Math Fact Showdown.  Students will be given 90 seconds to complete 40 basic math problems.  Students who meet the expectation will move on the next level – those who fail will continue until they pass.  This will separate the “boys from the men” so-to-speak.  I would hope each of your children knows their basic facts.  Have them practice (even if they say they know them…).  I’m going to try to make a big deal out of this because if I don’t, the children who do not know their basic facts will flounder when we move to two and three-digit multiplication. 
 
I hope you hear the “nudging” in my words *wink wink*. 

 Again, there are tons of apps and online games for practice J


<3 Mrs. Siegel

No comments:

Post a Comment