Friday, March 8, 2013

Nonfiction Challenge 3/8-3/15



**This is a Reading Participation Grade**

Choose a site that interests you from the list below.  Choose an article to read.  BUT... Read the posts first.

You MAY read the same article as another classmate but you MAY NOT write the same comments.  

IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT DO THE POST ONLINE, WRITE YOUR WORK ON A SHEET OF PAPER AND TURN IT IN FOR CREDIT.


Once you've read the article, post a comment about the article you read in the comment box below.
Include the following:

1. Link to website and article (copy and paste it from the website)
2. Title of the article
3. List three facts you learned from reading the article
4. Tell how this article relates to you.  What connection does it have with you?

Look back at my post on 1/11/13 for an example.

Your assignment is to read at least ONE article each week and make ONE post each week.  Every week, I will make a new post so check back each weekend for the post for the upcoming week.

<3 Mrs. Siegel

4 comments:

  1. 1.http://www.timeforkids.com
    2.Big Drinks Are Back.
    3.On Monday, State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling struck down New York City’s ban on big sugary drinks just hours before it was supposed to take effect.The law would have banned the sale of sugared beverages larger than 16 oz. at New York restaurants, mobile food carts, sports arenas and movie theaters.

    The American Beverage Association (ABA) and other opponents of the rule supported the judge's decision.
    4.this relates to me because these big drinks make me full and i never liked them because they rot my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/stories/spacescience/brain/ 2.Your Amazing Brain 3.I learned that your brain is faster and more powerful than a supercomputer.Now I know that whenever you dream, or laugh it’s because tiny chemical and electrical signals are racing between these neurons along billions of tiny neuro highways. Another thing is that when you learn, you change the structure of your brain. 4.I want to be a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/
    2. Dino Death Pit!.
    3. I did not know there was a dino death pit. Another interesting fact is that T-rexs used to rule the world. I didn't know about adino called the "ceratosaur".
    4. I know the T-rex's greatest fear : the tricerotops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2013/03/05/boy-invents-new-way-to-protect-cattle/?source=hpkids_newsbites_cattle

    2. Boy Invents New Wat To Protect Cattle

    3. In this article I have learned about a boy named Richard Turere who lives in Kenya, Africa and was annoyed when lions would kill his father's cattle. Richard created an invention to keep the lions away by using wires from a radio old light bulbs to make a machine. The machine called the "lion light" flashes lights and tricks the lions into thinking that a person is walking around with a flashlight and they stay away.

    4. This article relates to me because I am very interested in lions and I like learning about new inventions. I think Richard's light machine was cool and I want to invent something like it some day.

    ReplyDelete